The main goal of WaterWatt is the improvement of energy efficiency in industrial water circuits: currently, there is neither a benchmark on the energy consumption in industrial water circuits, nor tools for its systematic reduction, nor awareness of the saving potential. WaterWatt aims to remove market barriers, in particular the lack of expertise and information on energy management and saving potential in industrial water circuits, providing an Energy Efficiency Evaluation platform (E3 platform) able ...
- to increase the awareness on the reduction of energy consumption in water circuits and support the engagement of involved people using gamification approach.
- to provide a shared knowledge base of best practices, technologies and organizational models concerning the energy and water management.
- to provide tools for self-assessment and monitoring.
- to enable situated initiative such as field trial training and exercises.
The E3 platform toolbox
To achieve the aforementioned objectives, E3 platform will provide several tools that allow stakeholders to play an active role in reducing the energy consumption in industrial water circuits (IWC).
- Tools for the self-assessment, monitoring and improvement of the energy efficiency of IWCs
- Informational tools for improvement of energy efficiency in IWC and content sharing
- Feedback and reporting tools
- Tools to support specific training actions
- Tools to report, share and communicate output and outcomes